PHOTO: NYCFC's cringeworthy song sheets
Supporters of a nascent club obviously need to start somewhere when it comes to establishing a set of chants, but New York City FC are going about the matter in a particularly embarrassing fashion.
A photo of the song sheets that are given out at Yankee Stadium for NYCFC's matches was published Monday, and it's safe to say that some of their chants are the equivalent of the club's place in the Major League Soccer standings.
They're not all terrible, but note the "Some History" song in the bottom right corner, which includes the lyrics: "You might have some history / But we don't give a crud / Your team will always be a joke until they have a cup / (Shout the Opposing team's name)."
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 14 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 14: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Cowboys dominate Eagles on SNF to shake up NFC East
- Falcons' Smith: 'Our spirit is not broken' despite costly loss to Bucs
- Ex-Kings goalie Quick helps Rangers prevail over his former team