Flames' Ferland's mother told him not to hit the Sedins
The 22-year-old played 12:10 and threw a whopping nine hits, and picked up five minutes for fighting after dropping the gloves with Kevin Bieksa late in the third period of what's been a very chippy series.
After the game, Ferland revealed he had specific instructions from his mother about what he could and couldn't do on the ice:
We're going to assume that if Ferland did hit one of the twins, he's going to tell his mother he didn't. Hey, we've all been there.
- Padres drop to 0-12 in extra innings as win streak ends at 8 games
- Kershaw beats Giants, overtakes Drysdale for 2nd in Dodgers wins
- Bregman laments 'terrible' play as Astros lose again to Royals
- Pirates hurt Reds' wild-card chances with historic win after trailing by 9 runs
- Kidd: Mavs' center spot 'up for grabs,' rookie Lively to get 1st look