Report: Erik Cole on Bruins' shopping list in advance of trade deadline
The Boston Bruins may soon be turning their eyes up to the Stars once again.
Dallas, however, may also be in the mix as a potential trade partner, according to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN:
Chiarelli is contacting lots of teams trying to find a fit, both for a traditional hockey deal (harder to do at this time of year) and a rental deal (more likely). But so far nothing, as the prices are still too high.
Another name to keep in the back of your mind is veteran winger Erik Cole, another pending UFA winger. If the Dallas Stars decide to pull the plug over the next week, Cole is yet another name on the Bruins’ shopping list.
Somewhat ironically, the Stars' chances of making the playoffs were pretty much sunk once former Bruin Tyler Seguin fell to injury, meaning Cole and others may indeed be made available.
Cole, an unrestricted free agent at season's end, has appeared in 55 games for Dallas this season, scoring 17 goals and adding 14 assists. It should be noted, though, that he's scoring at a success rate of 18.1 percent, roughly five over his career average.
Whether the Bruins remain in buy mode after an injury to David Krejci, however, remains to be seen.
- RGIII won't close door on NFL return: 'I am ready to go right now'
- Giants' Rodon frustrated after 5th straight loss: 'Something needs to change'
- Report: Bruins' DeBrusk rescinds trade request
- White Sox, MLB decide to play game after parade shooting
- Seahawks' Lock fires back at viral US Open tweets in hilarious exchange