VIDEO: Canucks' Biega scores winner in NHL debut vs. Wild
Alex Biega blasted a point shot through traffic in the third period of his NHL debut for his first career goal Monday against the Minnesota Wild.
The Vancouver Canucks defenseman was recalled to fill a hole on Vancouver's injury-depleted blue line and finished with 16:53 time on ice. His goal stood up as the game-winner as the Canucks held on after Nino Niederreiter scored his second of the contest for Minnesota.
Biega, 26, has 19 goals in 313 AHL contests.
- Oilers down Golden Knights in shootout for 3rd straight win
- Wild snap 7-game skid with win in Hynes' debut behind bench
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Giannis, Dame combine for 65, Bucks earn quarterfinal berth by topping Heat
- Brown scores 30 as Celtics pound Bulls to advance in In-Season Tournament