NHL salary cap will settle short of $73-million estimate next season
The NHL's Board of Governors has been informed that the 2015-16 salary cap will fall just short of the previous $73-million estimate, according to multiple reports.
Owners have been assured the figure will settle above the $72-million mark if the Canadian dollar continues to hover around 80 cents.
There was concern the floundering loonie would have a more significant impact on the league's revenue, but owners will still be afforded roughly $3 million of added cash to tinker with next season.
- Machado helps Padres win 8th straight, hang on to slim playoff hopes
- Red Sox officially eliminated, miss playoffs for 4th time in last 5 years
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Mets eliminated from postseason contention