Alfredsson to fans: 'Thank you for all the great times and all the beautiful memories' (VIDEO)
After taking warm-ups with the Ottawa Senators for one last time, Daniel Alfredsson addressed the fans at Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday night with his family by his side.
The Senators honored Alfredsson with a video montage before Thursday's game against the New York Islanders.
The full ceremony lasted about 14 minutes.
The 41-year-old closed the speech with a line that provided a glimpse into his future plans.
"Now it's time for me to take some time off, take some time with my family, but let's not say goodbye."
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 14 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 14: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Cowboys dominate Eagles on SNF to shake up NFC East
- Falcons' Smith: 'Our spirit is not broken' despite costly loss to Bucs
- Ex-Kings goalie Quick helps Rangers prevail over his former team