Report: NHL to revisit coach's challenges
After the National Hockey League watched on opening night as the Toronto Maple Leafs got away with a blatant offside goal, it's reportedly taking steps to ensure that doesn't happen again.
Darren Dreger of TSN reports the league is reopening the option of introducing a coach's challenge.
"I sense that hockey ops with the National Hockey League is leaning towards the coach's challenge," Dreger said on Insider Trading Thursday. "They'll talk about it no question when they meet next month as part of the Hall of Fame coverage in November."
Creating coach's challenges would complement the league's advancements in video replay.
"Almost everything in our world now has some sort of techno-attachment or video component to it and the National Hockey League knows it. Eventually they're going to have to fall in line," Dreger said.
The offside goal from Wednesday's game between the Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens can be seen below.
- Kelce claps back at Bengals, Cincinnati mayor after AFC title win
- Eagles open as 1-point favorites over Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII
- Chiefs edge Bengals to earn 3rd Super Bowl berth in last 4 years
- Grizzlies rally to beat Pacers behind Morant's triple-double
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss