Report: Red Wings GM Holland to meet face-to-face with agent for Matt Niskanen Thursday
The Detroit Red Wings are looking to upgrade the right side of their blue-line this offseason and general manager Ken Holland is set to have a couple of face-to-face meetings with the agents for pending unrestricted free agent defensemen Matt Niskanen and Dan Boyle, according to a report from MLive.com's Ansar Khan.
Boyle generated a ton of interest in the first day of the free agent interview period, with nearly a third of the league reportedly contacting the agent for the right-handed shooting veteran.
Niskanen, another right-handed shooting defender, is coming off of a career year with the Pittsburgh Penguins and because of his age (only 27) is likely to demand a hefty price on the open market. The New York Islanders and the Minnesota Wild are among the other teams that reached out to Niskanen's camp. The Wild will reportedly sit down with Niskanen as well this weekend in Philadelphia, Pa..
- G League Ignite sign 2023 5-star forward Matas Buzelis
- NBA Finals betting preview: Nuggets ready for their coronation
- MLB Wednesday best bets: Expect fireworks in Los Angeles
- Saints' Winston: 'I'm still a starting quarterback in this league'
- McLaurin impressed by Howell during Commanders OTAs: 'He's really led us'