Lucy Li will become youngest competitor at U.S. Women's Open at 11 years old
Lucy Li is a name most in the world of golf have heard before.
In 2013, Li qualified for the U.S. Women's Amateur Publinx at the age of 10, she matched Michelle Wie who was also 10 when she qualified in 2000.
Fast-forward to April 2014 at Augusta National's Drive, Chip and Putt Championship where Li won her age category with 26 points.
Now, at the age of 11, Li qualified for the U.S. Women's Open at Pinehurst becoming the youngest woman to do so in LPGA history. To win her qualifier, she shot 74 and 68 at Half Moon Bay.
- Panthers' Burns lauds interim coach Tabor: 'Can tell he's about business'
- Hill? Watt? Bland? Why this could be the year to crown an unusual NFL MVP
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- Durant moves into 10th on NBA's all-time scoring list in loss to Nuggets
- Tatum ejected as Celtics edge shorthanded 76ers