Report: Bruins' Chara suffered finger fracture in Game 4 vs. Canadiens, requires surgery
The Bruins were eliminated from the playoffs at the hands of the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday, and it appears as though Boston captain and stalwart defenseman Zdeno Chara was playing injured for the last three games of the series.
According to Otto Sykora, general manager of the Slovak national men's hockey team, Chara suffered a finger fracture in Game 4 of the series, an injury that will require surgery.
Sykora was speaking to Hokej.sk in regards to whether Chara would be joining the World Championship effort in Minsk, Belarus.
Despite the apparent injury, the 37-year-old Norris Trophy nominee averaged 23.3 minutes per game in Game 5-7 of the series, but registered one assist, three shots on goal and a minus-one rating in that span.
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks
- Report: Orioles contact relievers Hader, Kimbrel, Chapman, Hicks
- Shorthanded Bulls outlast Giannis, Bucks in OT thriller
- Cowboys edge Seahawks in wild TNF contest
- Maeda hopes signing with Tigers will spread Detroit logo's use in Japan