Blue Jays transfer Brandon Morrow to 60-day DL with torn tendon sheath in hand
The Toronto Blue Jays placed starting pitcher Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list Saturday afternoon, but his injury is much worse than initially anticipated.
The news is a devastating blow to a team that is already having massive issues with its bullpen after it coughed up another lead Saturday night. The Blue Jays will call up prospect Marcus Stroman from the minors Sunday to help out the ailing 'pen.
The DL is a familiar place for Morrow, whose career has been plagued with injuries thus far. He could be done for the season if surgery is required.
- Thunder ink Gilgeous-Alexander to 5-year, $172M extension
- Holmes staying with Kings on 4-year contract worth up to $55M
- Doncic, Slovenia move into Olympic basketball semifinals
- Watch: Praying mantis, cat invade field at same time in 2 MLB games
- Yankees' Cole tests positive for COVID-19, won't start Tuesday