Flyers owner Ed Snider on Ron Hextall: 'He didn't come in to stay assistant GM forever'
Ron Hextall's name has been associated with two promotions over the last month. Rumblings placed him in Vancouver set to take over for Mike Gillis, while the newest rumors keep him in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider told CSN's Tim Panaccio, "We're in the process of analyzing everybody's title." He went on to insinuate general manager Paul Holmgren might be on his way out.
Snider added, "Of course Paul will be back. Basically he's the head of our hockey operations. The job he did I think was excellent." Does that mean Holmgren will be stepping down? "It’s really Paul's call. All I have to do is endorse it," Snider said.
General manager Paul Holmgren is expected to speak with media at 6 PM ET Friday.
- Rookie of the Year rankings: Adley makes his push, Braves' pair rules in NL
- Lance's deep TD pass leads 49ers to preseason win over Packers
- Gonsolin carries no-hitter into 7th, propels Dodgers to 11th straight win
- Soto gets 2 hits, standing ovation as Padres beat Nationals
- Phillies win in extras, snap Mets' 6-game win streak