Niclas Wallin: Retirement Likely
Wallin (concussions) is likely to retire, Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer reports.
Wallin suffered four concussions last season while playing in Sweden and is awaiting an MRI result before deciding his future. However, the 37-year-old has been advised by doctors to hang up the skates. During his 10 years in the NHL, Wallin totaled 79 points, but the defenseman will be most remembered for winning the Stanley Cup while playing for Carolina in 2006.
- Brewers clinch 4th straight playoff berth with win over Cubs
- Padres' Tatis, Machado separated after heated exchange in dugout
- Report: Eichel will travel to Buffalo for pre-camp physical
- Blues GM: 'Good likelihood' Tarasenko will start season with team
- Chiefs-Ravens best bets: Can Baltimore bounce back vs. Mahomes?