Niclas Wallin: Retirement Likely
Wallin (concussions) is likely to retire, Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer reports.
Wallin suffered four concussions last season while playing in Sweden and is awaiting an MRI result before deciding his future. However, the 37-year-old has been advised by doctors to hang up the skates. During his 10 years in the NHL, Wallin totaled 79 points, but the defenseman will be most remembered for winning the Stanley Cup while playing for Carolina in 2006.
- Wiggins' 36 powers Warriors to 10th straight win at home
- McDavid, Draisaitl combine for 8 points as Oilers edge Canadiens
- Bruins pummel Avalanche to improve record to 14-0 at home
- Devils top Flyers to set club mark with 11th straight road win
- Habs' Edmundson ejected for cross-checking Oilers' Hyman in the head