Don Cherry listed on complaint filed by former players
Beyond the obviously explosive nature of a class action lawsuit filed against the National Hockey League by 10 former players alleging that the league was negligent and fraudulent in their handling of players who sustained head trauma, the complaint itself contains a few eyebrow raising details. You can read the complaint in full here.
One of those odd details? That Don Cherry's role promoting a "violence-centered culture promoted by the NHL" is mentioned at length. From the complaint:
For decades, the NHL has nurtured a culture of violence. Films such as Slapshot, The Last Gladiators, Goon, Youngblood and others reflect this NHL-inspired culture. The public statements of Don Cherry and the use of highlights on such sites as www.hockeyfights.com and his video series Don Cherry's Rock'em, Sock'em Hockey are further examples of this violence-cnetered culture promoted by the NHL.
- Best bets to miss the NHL Playoffs: Fade the Original 6
- Jalen Smereck to sit out until UHL bans player who made racist gesture
- LeBron: Getting vaccinated was best choice for me and my family, friends
- Syndergaard to make 1st start in nearly 2 years vs. Marlins
- Tomlin not pushing panic button with Steelers at 1-2