Don Cherry listed on complaint filed by former players
Beyond the obviously explosive nature of a class action lawsuit filed against the National Hockey League by 10 former players alleging that the league was negligent and fraudulent in their handling of players who sustained head trauma, the complaint itself contains a few eyebrow raising details. You can read the complaint in full here.
One of those odd details? That Don Cherry's role promoting a "violence-centered culture promoted by the NHL" is mentioned at length. From the complaint:
For decades, the NHL has nurtured a culture of violence. Films such as Slapshot, The Last Gladiators, Goon, Youngblood and others reflect this NHL-inspired culture. The public statements of Don Cherry and the use of highlights on such sites as www.hockeyfights.com and his video series Don Cherry's Rock'em, Sock'em Hockey are further examples of this violence-cnetered culture promoted by the NHL.
- Jerry Rice: Lance is 'before his time,' ready to be 49ers' starter
- Blue Jays' Gausman exits after taking line drive to lower leg
- Cavs, Garland agree on 5-year, $193M max extension
- Lamar Jackson's contract is still up in the air. What are the risks?
- Nationals' Soto open to extension: 'We're going back and forth'