Watch: Doucoure's thunderous goal keeps Everton in Premier League
Abdoulaye Doucoure picked the perfect time to score his first home goal of the Premier League season.
The veteran midfielder sent Goodison Park into raptures on the final day of the campaign, unleashing a thunderous strike that ultimately kept Everton in the division. The Toffees' 1-0 win over Bournemouth on Sunday secured their top-flight status and simultaneously condemned both Leicester City and Leeds United to relegation.
Doucoure's emphatic strike means the 2023-24 campaign will be Everton's 70th consecutive season in the top tier of English football.
- Report: Angels agree to 1-year, $1.65M deal with Cimber
- Giants' Jones: Knee surgery limited to ACL
- Fantasy Podcast: Searching for value in risky offenses, bold predictions
- Jaguars' Lawrence making progress, 'hopefully playing' vs. Browns
- NFL playoff picture odds: Who's in, who's out with 5 weeks remaining