Murray's exhausting Australian Open run ends with loss to Bautista Agut
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Three-time major champion Andy Murray's exhausting run at the Australian Open ended in the third round after a loss to Roberto Bautista Agut.
The 35-year-old Murray had won two marathons just to get to this point at Melbourne Park, where he is a five-time finalist.
This match went about 3 1/2 hours and Bautista Agut won 6-1, 6-7 (7), 6-3, 6-4 at Margaret Court Arena on Saturday night.
That took Murray's total time on court this week to more than 14 hours. He won a five-setter in the first round and another in the second round that did not finish until after 4 a.m.
AP tennis: https://apnews.com/hub/tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Hill showing Cup run was no fluke
- theScore's NFL monthly awards: Top players, teams, storylines, and more
- Lakers beat Suns to book tournament semis tilt vs. Pelicans
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames
- Report: Astros add Caratini on 2-year, $12M deal