Pippen Jr.: There's 'a target' on my back as Scottie Pippen's son
Scotty Pippen Jr. knows there'll be a lot of eyes on him during his first NBA season.
"Having a father in the NBA definitely puts a target on your back," Pippen Jr. said. "So, I think just being able to endure all that and finally say 'I made it' is a good feeling.
"I would say there are higher expectations because people expect me to be like my dad, but I don't really let that get to me because that's just what people think I should be or should not be."
Pippen Jr. signed a two-way contract with the Los Angeles Lakers after going unselected in the 2022 NBA Draft. He described joining the Lakers as a "dream come true."
"It's still a crazy feeling just going to the gym and just seeing people that I was around when I used to go to the gym with my dad," he said. "It's still a crazy feeling. I'm still not used to it yet."
- Young erupts for 45 points as Hawks deal Spurs 13th straight loss
- Marner scores hat trick, shootout winner to lead Maple Leafs over Kraken
- Butler scores 36, Heat withstand Haliburton's career-high 44 to top Pacers
- Brunson drops 42, Knicks cement winless November for reeling Pistons
- Report: LeBron's manager, Maverick Carter, bet on NBA games with illegal bookie