Manchester United-linked De Jong: 'I prefer to stay with Barcelona'
The 26-year-old has been linked with his former Ajax manager Erik ten Hag at United for a possible reunion but says he's committed to Barcelona despite coming off a difficult season in Spain.
"I prefer to stay with Barcelona," De Jong told ESPN.
"Barcelona is just my dream club. Also from a young age. I just said it too. I've never regretted my choice despite the fact that I had hoped for more in terms of prizes than I've achieved so far. But I have never regretted my choice."
De Jong added that he has not spoken to Ten Hag or any other Manchester United official.
"What I'm saying, there is absolutely nothing of an agreement or anything official. At the moment, there is no question of it at all.
"Not that I know of in any case. Or they must not have told me, but I don't think so."
De Jong enjoyed a successful partnership with Ten Hag in the Netherlands, winning the Eredivisie in their second season together at Ajax, before joining the Catalan club in 2019 for €75 million.
But despite failing to live up to expectations since his arrival, De Jong is keen to stay at Barca - even though there are rumblings the club could still decide to sell him to generate money for other transfer targets this summer.
- Oilers down Golden Knights in shootout for 3rd straight win
- Wild snap 7-game skid with win in Hynes' debut behind bench
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Giannis, Dame combine for 65, Bucks earn quarterfinal berth by topping Heat
- Brown scores 30 as Celtics pound Bulls to advance in In-Season Tournament