Jones reacts to Ngannou's win over Gane: 'I'm f------ them both up'
Warning: Story contains coarse language
After watching Francis Ngannou retain the UFC heavyweight title against Ciryl Gane on Saturday, Jon Jones likes his chances against either fighter.
"At the end of the day, I'm fucking them both up," Jones wrote in a since-deleted tweet.
Earlier in the night, the former light heavyweight champion seemed to be unimpressed with how the fight played out, saying he simply may decide not to return to the Octagon.
In August 2020, Jones announced he was moving up to heavyweight. He was expected to challenge for the belt in 2021, but a financial dispute with the UFC has kept him on the sidelines. The 34-year-old last competed in February 2020.
Ngannou gutted out a unanimous decision victory against Gane. "The Predator" relied on takedowns in the last three rounds to successfully defend his throne for the first time.
- Cardinals' Arenado records 2nd career cycle in bizarre fashion
- MLB batting average, home runs down through June
- Canucks organization hires former NHL head coaches Colliton, Yeo
- Blue Jays celebrate Canada Day by thumping Rays
- Report: Scherzer treated prospects to $7K dinner, AirPods after his rehab starts