Swinney criticizes transfer portal: 'It's chaos right now'
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney voiced his concerns about the number of players entering the transfer portal.
"It's chaos right now. Tampering galore, adults manipulating young men. Education is like the last thing now," Swinney told reporters Wednesday at Clemson's early signing period event, including Larry Williams of Rivals.
Eight players from Clemson's 2021 roster have entered the transfer portal, including quarterback Taisun Phommachanh and wide receiver Frank Ladson.
Swinney has been reluctant to recruit via the portal and even called for transfers to sit out for a year instead of being granted immediate eligibility, a rule that the NCAA got rid of before this season.
The Tigers currently have the No. 16 recruiting class for 2022. Should it hold, the ranking would snap Clemson's streak of seven consecutive top-10 recruiting classes.
- Yankees set MLB record for most homers in June
- Herbert striving for consistency: 'We have to put together a full season'
- Report: NBA salary cap will jump to $123.6 million for 2022-23
- DeGrom, Scherzer take next steps toward rejoining Mets
- Kadri: I'd love to stay with Avs, but 'I've shown what my worth is'