Point out indefinitely with upper-body injury
Point was a late scratch for the club's clash with the Minnesota Wild on Sunday. He went hard into the boards Saturday versus the New Jersey Devils after being tripped on a breakaway.
Point appeared to be in considerable pain but stayed in the contest, ultimately missing the ensuing penalty shot.
The Lightning are now without two forwards on their top line, as winger Nikita Kucherov is also shelved while recovering from a procedure on a lower-body injury.
Point had notched 13 points in 16 games while averaging 20 minutes per night before getting hurt.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal