MacKinnon: Wild's Duhaime 'should get suspended' for hit on Byram
"I thought that that was a very dirty play. I think he should get suspended," he said following the Avalanche's 4-1 victory on Saturday, according to The Athletic's Peter Baugh.
The incident occurred just a few minutes into the final frame. Duhaime cross-checked Byram from behind and into the boards, and MacKinnon immediately took matters into his own hands, dropping gloves with the Minnesota forward. The skirmish only lasted a couple of seconds and both players received a two-minute minor for roughing.
Duhaime also got a five-minute major for cross-checking and a 10-minute game misconduct.
"That's just Nate. He's not going to jump in for minor infractions," Avalanche head coach Jared Bednar said. "When he takes exception to something he deems dirty, he tends to get in there."
The Central Division rivals will meet again on Jan. 17 in Colorado.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- Rodgers says once he retires, he won't make any comeback
- NBA Podcast: Harden to Philly? Plus Bulls injuries and Mavs' defense
- Brown: Bucs offered me $200K to seek mental health treatment
- 'Old Man' Love relishing reserve role with rising Cavaliers