Report: 90% of NBA players are now fully vaccinated
The NBA has reached a 90% full vaccination rate among players, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania on Thursday.
Player vaccinations have been rising as of late, with the league-wide total reportedly sitting at roughly 85% earlier in September.
The league said it will not mandate COVID-19 vaccinations in order to participate in the 2021-22 season, but team personnel who work within 15 feet of players must get vaccinated by Oct. 1.
Despite the absence of a mandated vaccine policy, new laws in New York, San Francisco, and Toronto could prevent unvaccinated players from playing.
- Report: Pirates add 2-time Gold Glover Roberto Perez
- NHL Tuesday player props: Go over on these 2 shot props
- AFC division betting odds: Patriots among best values over final 6 weeks
- Retired center Gortat rescued after running out of gas while boating
- Report: Jaguars' Meyer has no plans to return to college