McCourty twins' mom debuting split Patriots-Dolphins shirt for opener
Phyllis Harrell wore a split jersey the last time her twin sons played for different teams, but she'll be switching things up for Sunday's season opener between Devin's Patriots and Jason's Miami Dolphins.
"It's not going to be a jersey this year. It's going to be a T-shirt because down in Miami, it's too hot for the jersey," Harrell told ESPN's Mike Reiss.
The T-shirt features both team logos split down the middle, with Devin's No. 32 on one side and Jason's No. 30 on the other.
Devin and Jason were teammates with the Patriots for three seasons from 2018-20. Their mother hopes to see them play together again before their NFL careers are over.
"I don't think it's the best thing, but it's going to be a funny thing that they're playing against each other again," Harrell said. "All these years and they're still playing football; maybe they have a chance to play together again before this whole journey is over."
- Machado helps Padres win 8th straight, hang on to slim playoff hopes
- Red Sox officially eliminated, miss playoffs for 4th time in last 5 years
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Mets eliminated from postseason contention