Griezmann completes shock deadline-day move to Atletico
The La Liga rivals reportedly initially discussed a swap deal for Griezmann and Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix. Barcelona failed in their attempt to sign Felix on loan Monday before returning with a new offer involving Griezmann, who enjoyed a successful five-year spell with the Madrid club before moving to the Catalan capital in 2019.
Barcelona spent €120 million to sign Griezmann, but the club shopped him around this summer. Earlier talks with Atletico reportedly broke down over a potential swap deal involving the French forward and midfielder Saul Niguez, according to ESPN's Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens. Atletico loaned the Spaniard to Chelsea instead.
The 30-year-old Griezmann scored 133 times in 257 appearances during his first spell at Atletico.
- Stanley Cup odds update: Teams to buy, sell in futures market
- Report: Bucks to waive Robinson, ink Javonte Smart to 2-way deal
- Does getting to the rim matter as much as it used to?
- Report: Dalvin Cook suffered dislocated shoulder, torn labrum
- Quick calls Brady Tkachuk's criticism of Brendan Lemieux 'garbage'