Holmes staying with Kings on 4-year contract worth up to $55M
The 6-foot-10 big man earned his big payday after returning tremendous value relative to the two-year, $9.8-million contract he signed with the Kings in 2019. In just under 29 minutes per game, Holmes averaged 13.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks over the duration of the deal.
Holmes was one of the more productive talents still available after an action-packed opening evening of free agency, especially among a particularly shallow selection of frontcourt options. With the 27-year-old off the market, Khem Birch, Andre Drummond, and Robin Lopez are among the top remaining free-agent centers.
- NBA weekend best bets: Can Kings halt red-hot Curry, Warriors?
- Letang added to COVID-19 protocol, out vs. Maple Leafs
- Dodgers turn to Buehler in Game 6 with season on line vs. Braves
- 76ers' Harris defends Simmons: 'He's a human first'
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22