Report: Heat, Mavs, Pelicans aggressively pursuing Lowry
The Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks, and New Orleans Pelicans are set to pursue the impending free agent once the league's negotiation window opens at 6 p.m. ET on Aug. 2, NBA insider Marc Stein reports.
Lowry notably has a close relationship with Heat star Jimmy Butler, which could give Miami a slight edge in recruiting the floor general this summer, Stein notes.
The 35-year-old dealt with a foot infection and was rested on multiple occasions down the stretch of the 2020-21 campaign. Lowry averaged 17.2 points and 7.3 assists while shooting 39.6% from 3-point range across 46 games last season.
Lowry is one of the most beloved players in Raptors history. He's made six All-Star appearances during his nine-year run with the organization and ranks atop multiple franchise statistical leaderboards, including assists (4,277), steals (873), 3-point field goals made (1,518), and triple-doubles (16). He also ranks second in points (10,540) behind DeMar DeRozan.
Lowry signed a one-year, $30.5-million contract to remain with Toronto last offseason. He's seeking a three-year term for his next deal, Sportsnet's Michael Grange reports.
- Red Sox OF Hernandez makes playoff history in loss to Astros
- Correa's time: Late HR helps Astros top Red Sox in ALCS opener
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson
- Red Sox ace Sale, Astros' Valdez yanked in 3rd inning
- Kingsbury among Cardinals out for game vs. Browns after testing positive