Report: Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury
The Colts' newcomer is set to visit foot specialist Robert Anderson and should receive a clearer timeline for his return afterward, sources told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo and Ian Rapoport.
However, the quarterback's injury is not expected to be season-ending at the moment, Schefter adds.
Wentz arrived in Indianapolis this offseason through a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles. The Colts coughed up a 2021 third-round pick plus a 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first-rounder based on how many snaps Wentz plays.
Wentz has battled injuries throughout his career, but he was an MVP candidate in 2017 before tearing his ACL late in the year. He struggled last season en route to a demotion, which accelerated his exit from Philadelphia.
- Bridges' 32 points help Hornets pull away from Nets for first 3-0 start
- Report: Panthers expected to be involved in Watson trade talks
- Brady becomes 1st NFL player to reach 600 TD passes
- Protesters swarm Nets' arena ahead of home opener in support of Irving
- Chase racks up 201 yards as Bengals blow out Ravens