Oilers re-sign Smith to 2-year deal
The contract will carry an average annual value of $2.2 million, according to TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
At 39 years old, the resurgent Smith pitched a .923 save percentage across 32 games in the 2020-21 regular season, the second-best mark of his career. He was eighth in the league in goals saved above average (12.56) and goals saved above expected (7.22), according to Evolving Hockey.
Despite being swept by the Winnipeg Jets in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Smith registered a .912 save percentage.
- Ham confident he can maximize Lakers' Big Three: I trust all of them
- NFL, NFLPA to modify concussion protocol to enhance player safety
- Castillo helps Mariners keep close to Blue Jays for top wild-card spot
- Giants miss postseason 1 year after winning 107 games
- Hernandez, Jansen help Jays hold wild-card edge with win vs. Red Sox