Rangers send Buchnevich to Blues for Blais, 2nd-round pick
Buchnevich is a restricted free agent with arbitration rights, but the Blues have over $17 million in cap space to work out a deal, according to Cap Friendly.
The 26-year-old winger is coming off the best offensive season of his career, posting 48 points in 54 games. Buchnevich did the majority of his damage at even strength, too, scoring only one of his 20 tallies on the power play.
He should fit seamlessly into St. Louis' top six.
The Blues drafted Blais in the sixth round in 2014. He played 119 games with the club, registering 35 points. He doesn't have the same offensive upside as Buchnevich but counts for only $1.5 million on the cap until he becomes a restricted free agent in 2022.
The 25-year-old won the Stanley Cup with the Blues in 2019.
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 8: Every team's scariest stat
- Kraken pummel Canadiens for 1st win at Climate Pledge Arena
- Soler, Braves overcome Morton injury to top Astros in Game 1
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices