Ducks draft Sasha Pastujov with 66th pick
The Anaheim Ducks selected forward Sasha Pastujov with the 66th overall pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.
Weight: 183 lbs
Club: U.S. National Team Development Program
(Stats courtesy: EliteProspects.com)
Pastujov was the USNTDP's most productive player last season, scoring 1.59 points per game and leading the team in goals and assists. He's a strong winger that has scored goals in bunches at every level he's played at, but there is a concern with whether or not his game will translate to the NHL due to his subpar skating skills and speed.
His overall raw skills are undeniable, as he's shown flashes of brilliance on numerous goals throughout his career so far. He's committed to the University of Notre Dame for next season, so he'll have time to work out the kinks in his game before being thrust into pro hockey.
What they're saying
"He stands out with the puck on his stick because of his very quick hands, great vision, and ability to finish plays," writes The Athletic's Corey Pronman. "He scores wherever he goes and shows the ability to run a power play at a high level."
- NBA weekend best bets: Can Kings halt red-hot Curry, Warriors?
- Letang added to COVID-19 protocol, out vs. Maple Leafs
- Dodgers turn to Buehler in Game 6 with season on line vs. Braves
- 76ers' Harris defends Simmons: 'He's a human first'
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22