Report: Becky Hammon among finalists for Trail Blazers' head coaching job
Hammon, who also previously interviewed for the open Orlando Magic coaching gig, becomes the first woman to enter the final stages of an NBA head coaching search. In addition to Hammon, Los Angeles Clippers assistant Chauncey Billups, Brooklyn Nets assistant Mike D'Antoni, Spurs vice president of basketball operations Brent Barry, and South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley are among the candidates who have been interviewed for the position.
The 44-year-old has worked as a member of Gregg Popovich's coaching staff for seven seasons. She became the first woman to serve as a head coach after taking over for Popovich in a game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Dec. 30 after the veteran was ejected.
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?
- NFL Week 3 round-robin moneyline parlay: Don't look back in anger
- Roethlisberger: I'm going to do 'everything I can' to play Week 3
- Ware, Mathis among 1st-year eligibles for 2022 Pro Football HOF class
- Fields to start vs. Browns with Dalton out due to knee injury