Flames' Tkachuk becomes 1st NHLer to release NFT
Calgary Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk became the first NHLer to release a minted non-fungible token (NFT) - a piece of digital memorabilia that's taken the sports world by storm largely due to the success of NBA Top Shot.
He explained the idea on Twitter:
The starting bid on the collectible was set at just over $5,100. All proceeds will be donated to children's hospitals in Calgary and St. Louis, the latter of which is Tkachuk's hometown.
The winning bidder will also receive an autographed stick, jersey, and virtual meet-and-greet with Tkachuk.
- Arrest warrant issued for Miller on charge of assaulting pregnant person
- Maple Leafs' Giordano week-to-week with broken finger
- NBA Thursday best bets: Back both New York squads
- Miriam Adelson adding Mavs to list of high-profile purchases
- Report: Cardinals interested in White Sox ace Cease after adding 3 starters