Report: Rodgers wants new contract with Packers
After Green Bay fell to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC title game, the star quarterback told reporters he would "have to take some time away" before determining his plans moving forward.
Rodgers' current contract runs through the 2023 season, but a potential out exists following the 2021 campaign. He currently ranks fifth among quarterbacks in average new-money value per year.
The 37-year-old enjoyed one of the most productive campaigns of his career and is the favorite to win MVP. However, his long-term standing with the Packers was called into question when Jordan Love was selected in the first round of last year's draft.
If Rodgers officially asks for a new contract but doesn't receive one, it could be a key factor in a potential divorce from the franchise, per Florio.
Despite a disappointing end to the season, head coach Matt LaFleur backed the veteran passer as his team's leader.
- Pelicans pull away from Kings to secure In-Season Tournament semifinal berth
- Browning steals spotlight as Bengals stun Jaguars with OT win on MNF
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes
- Jaguars' Lawrence exits with reported ankle sprain in OT loss to Bengals