Report: Cavs expected to move on from Porter after locker-room outburst

David Liam Kyle / National Basketball Association / Getty

The Cleveland Cavaliers are expected to move on from recent first-round pick Kevin Porter Jr. - either by trade or outright release - following an outburst in the team's locker room Friday, sources told The Athletic's Jason Lloyd, Joe Vardon, and others.

Porter, who has not played this season for personal reasons, reportedly became incensed when he realized the Cavaliers allotted his old locker to Taurean Prince, who was acquired from the Brooklyn Nets as part of the James Harden blockbuster last week.

Porter began yelling and threw food, sources said, and the 20-year-old was apparently still combative after Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman entered the locker room and confronted him. The team reportedly spent the weekend trying to trade Porter.

The No. 30 pick out of USC in 2019, Porter had a strong rookie campaign, averaging 10 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.2 assists in 23.2 minutes per game for the rebuilding Cavaliers.

However, the start of his second professional season has been delayed in part due to an off-court legal matter. He was arrested for improper handling of a firearm in a vehicle, driving without a license, and marijuana possession following a traffic accident in November. The charges from the incident were dropped in December.

Comments
Report: Cavs expected to move on from Porter after locker-room outburst
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!

Daily Newsletter

Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox