Report: Trump to honor Belichick with Presidential Medal of Freedom
The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest civilian honor in the U.S. and is given to "individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the security or national interests of America, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors," according to the White House.
Belichick and Trump have exchanged compliments in the past. Belichick wrote a letter supporting Trump's bid for the presidency in 2016.
Golfers Annika Sorenstam and Gary Player received the Presidential Medal of Freedom last week. Tiger Woods, Roger Staubach, and Mariano Rivera are among other sports figures Trump has honored with the award over the last four years.
Trump is preparing to vacate the White House, as President-elect Joe Biden will be sworn into office on Jan. 20.
- Jansen, Springer homer, Blue Jays beat Twins, keep pressure in WC race
- Brewers clinch 3rd NL Central title
- Sloppy Steelers in an unusual spot: Last place in AFC North
- Harbaugh after Tucker's record-setting game-winner: 'Best kicker in history'
- Report: Chiefs' Reid leaves stadium in ambulance with illness