Report: Heat interested in Beal, could focus on him if Giannis signs super-max
The Heat's interest in potentially acquiring Beal remains very high, a source told the Miami Herald's Barry Jackson.
Antetokounmpo has until Dec. 21 to sign a super-max extension with the Bucks. If he doesn't, he will enter unrestricted free agency next summer. The Heat and Toronto Raptors have been widely reported as possible destinations for Antetokounmpo if he leaves Milwaukee.
Beal is under contract with the Wizards through 2022, with a $37.2-million player option for 2022-23. Despite frequent rumors of a roster overhaul in Washington, general manager Tommy Sheppard has said there are no plans to trade Beal.
Any trade for Beal would likely come with a steep price tag for Miami.
The Heat signed star big man Bam Adebayo to a five-year max extension last week, a move that would restrict any ability to sign Antetokounmpo without a sign-and-trade. Adebayo and Antetokounmpo share the same agent, Alex Saratsis.
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks
- Report: Orioles contact relievers Hader, Kimbrel, Chapman, Hicks
- Shorthanded Bulls outlast Giannis, Bucks in OT thriller
- Cowboys edge Seahawks in wild TNF contest
- Maeda hopes signing with Tigers will spread Detroit logo's use in Japan