Report: Coyotes interview Sean Burke for GM job
Burke is currently a scout and goaltending consultant with the Montreal Canadiens but has a long history with the Coyotes. He was their netminder for five seasons and has worked with the club as an assistant coach, assistant to the GM, and director of prospect development.
Burke has also served as the GM for Hockey Canada at the Spengler Cup since 2017, the 2018 World Championship, and the 2018 Olympic Games. The Florida Panthers - who Burke also played for - interviewed him for their GM vacancy before they decided to hire Bill Zito.
The Coyotes have also reportedly interviewed Jason Karmanos and talked to NBC analyst Pierre McGuire about the GM role.
The position is currently held by Steve Sullivan, who took over on an interim basis after John Chayka resigned in July following four seasons.
- Report: Cardinals interested in White Sox ace Cease after adding 3 starters
- NL Central team needs heading into winter meetings
- Report: Brewers, Chourio nearing record 8-year pact worth close to $80M
- Report: Reds, Nick Martinez agree to 2-year, $26M deal
- Jokic's triple-double lifts Nuggets past Rockets in Murray's return