Falcons bolster defensive line with DT Marlon Davidson
The Atlanta Falcons selected defensive tackle Marlon Davidson out of Auburn in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft, 47th overall.
Atlanta will now pair Grady Jarrett with its newest addition. Davidson recorded 12.5 tackles for loss in his final college season.
Weight: 303 lbs
- Demonstrates versatility to line up inside or on edge
- Impressive athleticism for player of his size
- Great explosiveness in first step off line
- Short-area quickness to challenge opponents laterally
- Good technique to clear hands as pass-rusher
- Deep arsenal of rush moves and ability to counter
- Traits provide upside as run defender
- Athletic profile not ideal for full-time role on edge
- Will likely need time to make transition if moved inside exclusively
- Struggles to anchor and hold ground against running game
- Still developing ability to shed when blocked early in rep
Davidson is an interesting prospect; despite being around 300 pounds, he saw extensive reps on the edge, and even as a stand-up player, at Auburn. His pass rush skill set is a much better fit for the interior at the next level, where his athleticism plays up to give him the ceiling of a high-impact penetrator. The run game remains a work in progress, though, so he'd initially be best suited in a hybrid role that keeps him on the edge against tight ends and tackles on early downs before rotating him inside and letting him get after the quarterback up the middle in sub packages.
- Kelce claps back at Bengals, Cincinnati mayor after AFC title win
- Eagles open as 1-point favorites over Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII
- Chiefs edge Bengals to earn 3rd Super Bowl berth in last 4 years
- Grizzlies rally to beat Pacers behind Morant's triple-double
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss