Ray Lewis leaves 'Dancing with the Stars' after tearing 3 tendons in foot

CANTON, OH - AUGUST 04: Ray Lewis speaks during the 2018 Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony on August 4, 2018 at the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio
Icon Sportswire / Getty

Ray Lewis' run on "Dancing with the Stars" has come to an end.

The former Baltimore Ravens linebacker was forced to leave the show after tearing three tendons in his foot while practicing the cha-cha, he told People's Christina Dugan and Eric Todisco.

"One day it was unbearable; it was shooting up my leg," Lewis said. "I've lived with pain, but something's wrong. I went and saw the doctor and had an MRI. I'm like 'OK, go fix this.'"

Lewis, who previously tore a tendon in his foot during a game in 2010, said there is a positive to having to undergo surgery.

"The silver lining in all this, it's been eight years and I'd decided to leave it alone," he said. "Now, I've seen a doctor who can actually fix my toe, I'm really super excited; he's not going to fix just one, but all three toes."

Lewis has been replaced by another former NFL player, Rashad Jennings, who won Season 24 of the show.

XRedditFacebookWhatsAppEmailSMS