Report: 'Space Jam 2' to feature AD, Klay, Taurasi
The cast for the upcoming "Space Jam" sequel is beginning to take shape.
In addition to lead actor LeBron James, "Space Jam 2" will feature James' Los Angeles Lakers teammate Anthony Davis, Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard, and Golden State Warriors star Klay Thompson in prominent roles, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi and Los Angeles Sparks forward Nneka Ogwumike will also reportedly play key parts in the film, while ESPN analyst Chiney Ogwumike - Nneka's sister and teammate - will also appear.
The original "Space Jam" featured Michael Jordan, Bugs Bunny and the rest of the "Looney Tunes" crew facing off against a group of aliens imbued with the abilities of Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, and Shawn Bradley - all of whom played themselves in the film.
As long as LeBron and Co. don't miss the fabled left turn at Albuquerque, "Space Jam 2" is set for release on July 16, 2021.
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Hill showing Cup run was no fluke
- theScore's NFL monthly awards: Top players, teams, storylines, and more
- Lakers beat Suns to book tournament semis tilt vs. Pelicans
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames
- Report: Astros add Caratini on 2-year, $12M deal