Report: Grizzlies interested in Jasikevicius for head coach vacancy
While finding J.B. Bickerstaff's replacement is still in the early stages, the Grizzlies reportedly plan to meet with Jasikevicius soon to discuss the position.
Jasikevicius has coached Zalgiris for the past three seasons and has accumulated an overall record of 38-40 (.487) in the EuroLeague. He's captured the LKL championship on three occasions and is a two-time winner of the LKL's Coach of the Year award.
The now 43-year-old was interviewed for the Toronto Raptors' vacancy last year prior to Nick Nurse's promotion.
Jasikevicius played two seasons in the NBA with the Indiana Pacers and Golden State Warriors from 2005-07, averaging 6.8 points while shooting 35.5 percent from 3-point range.
The Grizzlies finished the 2018-19 campaign with an overall record of 33-49 and missed the playoffs for a second straight year after qualifying seven seasons in a row.
- Sanders says Eagles feel unstoppable: 'Like we're on an All-Star team'
- Astros' Alvarez, Pena leave with apparent injuries after collision
- Report: Oilers among teams expected to target Husso in free agency
- Yankees set MLB record for most homers in June
- Herbert striving for consistency: 'We have to put together a full season'