Panarin willing to discuss future with Blue Jackets in offseason
After meeting over the weekend in Miami, Milstein called a second meeting with his client before informing the team on Panarin's willingness to negotiate a new contract, according to The Athletic's Aaron Portzline.
The decision puts Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen in a difficult spot, as he must now decide whether to deal the star forward before the Feb. 25 deadline. If he chooses to try and sign Panarin in the offseason, he risks losing him for nothing.
The 27-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and will draw immense interest around the league.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal