Report: Blue Jackets, Penguins hold trade talks about Brassard
It was reported on Tuesday that Pittsburgh general manager Jim Rutherford is listening to offers on Brassard with the expectation that he'll be traded before the deadline on Feb. 25.
Columbus drafted Brassard sixth overall in 2006, and 31-year-old spent the first six seasons of his career with the organization. He arrived in Pittsburgh prior to last year's trade deadline in a three-team deal that involved the Ottawa Senators and Vegas Golden Knights.
Brassard has recorded 14 points in 37 games and is an unrestricted free agent at season's end.
- Braves, Rangers among finalists for 1st-ever Silver Slugger Team Awards
- O'Reilly: 'Not an easy decision' to leave Leafs for Predators
- Report: Ravens signing veteran LB Van Noy
- Packers' Watson expects to make 2023 debut vs. Lions on TNF
- Travis Kelce jersey sales jump nearly 400% after Taylor Swift appearance