Report: White Sox agree to 1-year deal with Jon Jay
Jay, 33, will join Chicago's outfield rotation alongside Adam Engel, Daniel Palka, and Nicky Delmonico.
The White Sox, one of the potential suitors for Manny Machado, have now added two players who are close with the free-agent infielder. Earlier in the offseason, they landed first baseman Yonder Alonso, who is Machado's brother-in-law, and Jay is also one of his friends.
The three often train together during the offseason, as detailed in The Players' Tribune in 2017.
- Hyman scores 3 as Oilers smash Hurricanes for 5th straight win
- Report: Candelario agrees to 3-year, $45M deal with Reds
- Clippers overcome Jokic's triple-double to snap 8-game series skid vs. Nuggets
- By the numbers: Standout stats from a record-breaking night in the NBA
- Report: Angels still alive in push to re-sign Ohtani