Kuznetsov when asked if he's a top 5 player: 'I don't give a s--- about that'
Warning: Story contains course language
After his dominant effort, which featured one goal and three primary helpers, Kuznetsov was asked if he's ever considered himself a top-five player in today's NHL.
"No, no. I don't give a shit about that," he said, per Stephen Whyno of The Associated Press.
While he can't be bothered with his place among the league's best, Kuzentsov's recently built a compelling case to put his name in the conversation he doesn't want to have. After recording a career-high 83 points in the 2017-18 regular season, the Capitals top center went on to lead all players in postseason scoring with 32 points in 24 games as Washington captured its first championship in franchise history.
The 26-year-old's follow-up act is off to a grand start, too, notching seven points in the first three games.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal