Infographic: Every state's favorite out-of-state NFL team
The study, conducted by Custom Ink, compared Google search interest data for every NFL team to determine the non-local favorite of each state. The 49ers were the most popular out-of-state team, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants.
There were 16 teams, half of the league, not favored in any states outside their own.
The study also found that states tend to favor out-of-state teams from the same region, with the 49ers being the most popular in the West, the Chicago Bears in the Midwest, and the Giants in the Northeast. Interestingly, though, the Pittsburgh Steelers were the most common favorite in the South.
- Report: Oilers among teams expected to target Husso in free agency
- Yankees set MLB record for most homers in June
- Herbert striving for consistency: 'We have to put together a full season'
- Report: NBA salary cap will jump to $123.6 million for 2022-23
- DeGrom, Scherzer take next steps toward rejoining Mets