Donald to skip OTAs as he seeks new contract
Christian Petersen / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Aaron Donald informed the Los Angeles Rams that he won't be attending the start of organized team activities Monday, as he seeks a new contract extension from the team, a Rams official told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Donald missed voluntary OTAs last year, holding out during the preseason before rejoining the Rams prior to the 2017 regular season. He missed the opener due to his absence, but still won Defensive Player of the Year honors for his 11-sack campaign.

The 26-year-old is likely to challenge Von Miller's status as the league's highest-paid defensive player at around $19 million per season.

Rams general manager Les Snead said Donald was "on the verge" of becoming the NFL's richest defender April 10, but there has appeared to be little progress since then.

Donald has one year remaining on his rookie contract.

Comments
Donald to skip OTAs as he seeks new contract
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox