Bozak says re-signing with Leafs is 'top priority' in free agency
Pending unrestricted free agent Tyler Bozak would prefer to return to the Toronto Maple Leafs next season.
"It would be my top priority to stay here," Bozak said, according to TSN's Kristen Shilton. "My family loves it here, my kid loves it here, he thinks he owns the place. It’ll be tough on him if I’m not back."
Bozak has spent his entire nine-year career with the Maple Leafs after signing with the club as a college free agent out of Denver University in 2009.
The 32-year-old is coming off the final season of a five-year, $21-million contract, in which he put up his lowest goal total (11) since his rookie campaign and 12 fewer points (43) than he had in three fewer games last season.
- Machado helps Padres win 8th straight, hang on to slim playoff hopes
- Red Sox officially eliminated, miss playoffs for 4th time in last 5 years
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Mets eliminated from postseason contention