Basketball begins: How well do you know the origin of the game?
On March 11, 1892, the first public game of basketball took place in Springfield, Mass. - then home of inventor Dr. James Naismith - with only 13 rules and fruit baskets for hoops.
Canadian born Naismith - while working as a physical educator - devised the sport of basketball in order to condition young athletes during the cold, winter months.
In light of this historic moment, we wanted to test your knowledge on the roots of the sport:
- Rodgers, Adams fuel speculation over future with 'Last Dance' posts
- Rebranding a team is hard. Will the Guardians serve Cleveland's needs?
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.
- 'Don't look old': At 41, ageless Scola set for 5th Olympics